Corporate sustainability starts with our own value system and a principles based approach to doing business. For Royal Natural Foods this translates to operating in ways that -at least- meet fundamental responsibilities in the area of Human Rights, Fair Labor, the Environment and Anti-Corruption.
By establishing a culture of integrity and incorporating the ‘Ten Principles’ of the UN Global Compact into our strategies, policies and procedures, we are not only upholding our basic responsibilities to the people and the planet, but also setting the stage for long-term success.
The 10 principles are:
- Supporting and respecting the internationally proclaimed human rights and their sphere of influence;
- Making sure not to be complicit in human rights abuses;
- Upholding the freedom of association and the recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Upholding the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor;
- Supporting the effective abolition of child labor;
- Promoting the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and practice of a profession;
- Supporting a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Undertaking initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility;
- Encouraging the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies;
- Working against corruption in all its forms.